Monday, November 12, 2007

Roomates

No one is really fond of the new roomate. By no one I mean all the girls I hang out with, which makes sense. I guess it's their way of supporting me. My roomate and I were using her computer while she was away. I noticed the huge box of condoms by her bed was nearly empty. I felt sick. I needed a distraction. I looked at her bookself. Tolstoy and Dostoevsky. Goddamn. I looked at her dvds -- Coffee and Cigarettes. Fucking perfect.

"You know, it's unfortunate that she has good taste."

"Yeah, she does. She's not bad. I like her, she's just really quiet."

*...you fucking serious? you told me you didn't get a good vibe from her the second she stepped in our house! just the other day she told us she's a slut, and she's not bad? what the fuck?*

"Eh... Taste doesn't matter anyways."

"Sure it does. I think it matters very much. It's one of the most important things."

"Not for me. Character first. Taste has nothing to do with character."

"You develop taste through exprience. You develop character through exprience. Taste says a lot about a person's character."

I liked how she put that, but I still think it's bullshit. I've met plenty of completely worthless but seemingly intelligent fucks with superb taste and I've met the most admirable people with great heart that had the shittiest taste ever. I didn't look angry, but I had to leave the room before I got all self-righteous. Before I pulled the "I'm older and I've been places" card. I left and watched bad television in the living room.