Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I wouldn't mind it if your grandfather's ghost woke me, because I know you loved him the most. No, I wouldn't be scared, with this soft aztec blanket wrapped around me.
I've never felt safer than now, in the middle of the night, in the middle of a mess of a living room, in the middle of nowhere (near railroad tracks).
The ticking of the zoloft clock doesn't bother me as much as i thought it would.
You don't know what this means. People miss the magnitude I feel all the time.
They can't see it, but it doesn't mean it's not there.
And where ya at? You should hear how pretty this song inside my head is.
++++++++++
There's gotta be a better reason to spill your guts than to get it off your chest.
There's gotta be a better reason than recognition.
Your mother said connection. She had long hair when you were in her belly.
Your father said you'd all stay on your homeland, even when the waters were rising. He said, "we'll die either way. we're facing death no matter what"
I was in the mountains watching you. I said I'd keep watch for the whole town,
but I went to pick berries on the other side, where the sun makes birds visit first.
When I came back, you were in the water. You were looking at me, half dead, you held your hand out and feigned mercy. I knew, but I grabbed your hand anyway.

1 comment:

My Idea of Fun said...

i agree with the first comment. it was a very gripping piece.