Thursday, October 23, 2008

There aren't many alone time things that I enjoy more than doing my laundry. The process of getting something clean and organizing, and putting it in its right place makes me feel very calm.
While my legs were freezing and drying up, I looked down at the sunny grass. There was a purple clover flower and a yellow ginko leaf sitting side by side. I almost picked it up to give to you. There would be a note attatched with a piece of plain, white string. The note would say "Don't these colors look nice together?"
You would probably be very flattered and it would most likely change your entire day all together.
Instead I sat and smoked my cigarette and watched cars pass. Watched bikes pass. People on bikes and people in cars. In pods. On wheels. Moving. Slow and fast.
I will do my laundry when I get home from work. It won't all fit but I'll stuff it.

No comments: