Tuesday, January 22, 2008

To Be Titled Screenplay Part 2: 30 to 60 minute mark

INT. REHAB CENTER – BRADY’S ROOM – AFTERNOON

Brady sits at a table, starring off into space as Sheryl sits across from him, a concerned look on her face. It’s Christmas Day.

SHERYL
So how is it here?

BRADY
Dull.

SHERYL
Well, I know that. What I guess I meant was, how are they treating you?

BRADY
I think I’ll be able to survive for the next twenty-four hours or so mom. I mean, that’s why you put me in here, right?

SHERYL
I put you in here because I’m worried about you, and it’s only a few days. I think you need this Brady.

BRADY
Well that’s easy for you to say.

SHERYL
You’re stressed out, and I don’t blame you. I mean, I know I could’ve been a little calmer the last few days, it’s just with the holiday and everything, I…

BRADY
Mom, just stop. It’s not you. You had nothing to do with it.

SHERYL
Well then what was it? I mean, I know they tell you not to ask, but I’m your mother. I kind of need to know. Why would you wanna go and do something like this Brady?

BRADY
It’s complicated.

SHERYL
Well, explain it to me. Was it because of your father?

Brady kind of blankly stares off into space at the mention of his father. “The Bells” by Pedro the Lion plays into the next sequence.

INT. LOCAL FUNERAL HOME – VIEWING AREA – NIGHT – TWO YEARS EARLIER

Brady stands in front of his father’s casket; a comatose look on as he face as Ned lies there dead. Brady looks over to see Sheryl talking to some family and friends, a few feet away.

Brady takes a breath and walks off out of the viewing room.

INT. FUNERAL HOME – REFRESHMENT AREA – NIGHT

Brady walks down into a small room where a table is set up with refreshments, Ned’s secretary LORY CULLEN, is the only other person this room. Lory is in her early thirties, blonde and more or less an airhead, who just happened to have an affair with Ned.

Brady pours himself a cup of coffee, as Lory, teary-eyed walks over next to him at the table.

LORY
So how are you holding up Brady?

BRADY
I don’t know how to answer that question right now.

LORY
It’s hard on all of us.

BRADY
Is it? Is it really Lory?

LORY
Yes, it is, but these things happen sometimes.

BRADY
What, you mean people just have random heart attacks while they’re fucking their secretaries?

LORY
I wish you didn’t have to find out about everything this way.

BRADY
It’s okay. I can handle it. I mean, knowing that I’m the son of a cliché, and that it doesn’t ever change.

LORY
Your father loved you, ya know? He used to always talk about you.

BRADY
Was that before or after the adultery?

LORY
I think you’re acting more dramatic than you should be.

BRADY
I just don’t understand why you’re here. I mean, shouldn’t you be drowning your sorrows away somewhere near a hole in the wall? I mean, out of respect to my mother and me or whatever, isn’t that the way these things work?

LORY
I have just as much of a right to be here as anyone else.

BRADY
You’re right. Why should anyone be excluded from this shitshow?

LORY
Ya know, I don’t think you’re as nearly broken up about this as you’re letting on.

BRADY
Oh yeah? What makes you say that Lory?

LORY
Because your father never mentioned you actually. I just said that because it felt like something I should have said.

BRADY
Well, I thought something was a little fishy there. I mean, it’s not like I have any huge accomplishments to comment on, just a long list of soon-to-be failures.

LORY
You’re about as optimistic as he was. It’s sort of depressing.

BRADY
What isn’t in this day and age?

LORY
I don’t know.

BRADY
So can I maybe ask you something that I’ve been trying not to think about?

LORY
Yeah, sure.

BRADY
How do you live with yourself after this? I mean, before it was probably easier. At least you had a partner in crime, but how do you handle life now that such a big part of it’s gone?

LORY
I don’t know. They’ll hire somebody else, I guess. Secretaries don’t really have problems jumping around.

BRADY
Is that so?

LORY
Yeah, it is, Brady.

Lory leans in and kisses Brady on the cheek, before walking back up the stairs. Brady takes a sip of his coffee. “The Bells” fades out.

INT. REHAB CENTER – BRADY’S ROOM – AFTERNOON

Brady sits at the table across from Sheryl again, right back in the moment again.

BRADY
No mom. It wasn’t because of dad.

SHERYL
Well then what? I’m just trying desperately to understand here.

BRADY
I just sort of took a look into the future, or what I could call a possible future, and I didn’t see anything really changing all that much.

SHERYL
Well that’s no reason to kill yourself.

BRADY
You’re right mom. It isn’t. I’m sorry. I guess I wasn’t thinking.

SHERYL
Well, you’re like your father in that way.

BRADY
Yeah, I know.

Brady takes a breath and leans back in his chair.

INT. REHAB CENTER – MAIN QUARTERS – NIGHT

Brady sits on a couch next to a guy named NICK, who’s about twenty-four and pretty reckless. A few other people sit around at various places in the room, watching “It’s A Wonderful Life” on TV.

NICK
So isn’t there anything else on?

BRADY
I doubt it.

NICK
Man, who buys into this shit? I mean, George Bailey’s barely living his life to begin with.

BRADY
Why do you say that Nick?

NICK
He just doesn’t know what alive feels like.

BRADY
Right…

NICK
Whatever, I guess it’s kind of a mute point, talking about it with you, the suicidal one.

BRADY
I can still comprehend the majority of things happening Nick, even on the anti-depressants.

NICK
Well, alright, so what’s your take on all of this shit?

BRADY
He’s gotten dicked over by everyone he knows to the point where he can’t really handle it anymore. He cares more about his family, their well being, the bank, all that other bullshit then he does himself.

NICK
But suicide’s still a stupid decision for him.

BRADY
Well yeah, of course it is for him, but not for everybody. It’s not a wonderful life for everybody Nick.

NICK
You’re a walking cliché, ya know that Brady?

BRADY
So are you, ya fucking junkie.

NICK
Well okay, I didn’t know we were passing judgement here.

BRADY
This isn’t some kind of circle of trust. It’s Christmas day in rehab. I figured you’d be able to tell the difference man.

NICK
Yeah, so did I.

A few seconds pass before BIANCA KELLER walks over and sits down on the couch between Brady and Nick. Bianca is 25, skinny with longer blonde hair. She’s in rehab for anorexia, a problem that’s slowly getting better.

BIANCA
This is what we’re watching?

NICK
We could watch each other go at, if you want.

BIANCA
Was that a pick-up line Nick? You’re trying to come on to me yet again, here of all places?

NICK
I’m sorry. It’s the boredom of the television set.

BIANCA
Right…
(Beat)
So who’s the new guy?

BRADY
I’m Brady, attempted suicide.

BIANCA
Oh, well I’m sorry it didn’t work out.

BRADY
Yeah, well ya win some, ya lose some.

BIANCA
Another walking cliché in rehab.

BRADY
What’s your story?

NICK
Bianca turned anorexic after her ex-boyfriend broke up with her for a more hip model.

BRADY
Well that’s generic.

BIANCA
Yeah, trust me, I know.

Brady and Bianca both look over at each other, sharing a brief moment.

EXT. REHAB CENTER – BACK PARKING LOT – NIGHT

Brady and Bianca stand by the building in their winter coats, passing a small bowl back and forth between each other.

BRADY
So do you think Nick will feel excluded if I tell him about this later?

BIANCA
I don’t see you doing that Brady.

BRADY
Yeah, I know. I was just kidding.

BIANCA
I figured.
(Beat)
Of course, I don’t really see you as a suicide case either.

BRADY
Really? Well considering we’re known each other for about an hour now, I have to say that there’s a lot you don’t know here Bianca.

BIANCA
No, I know. And the same goes for you
with me.

BRADY
Yeah, but I’m not doubting your anorexia here.

BIANCA
Well, I’m sorry if I am kind of doubting you, it’s just… Well if you really wanted to die, I think you could’ve probably pulled it off, and on Christmas Eve, man what a fucking cliché.

BRADY
Everyone keeps saying that.

BIANCE
Well, imagine you’re hearing about yourself. What would you think?

BRADY
I don’t know. I think, maybe this was a bad idea.

BIANCA
What, us getting stoned out here?

BRADY
No, deciding to be social in rehab.

BIANCA
Ya know, that’s what they try to teach you, to hang on, especially with a suicide. I mean, you can still be social after this Brady.

BRADY
(Sarcastic)
Really? Ya think so?

BIANCA
Whatever, you don’t have to be pissed at me. It’s not like I did anything to dick you over. In fact, I’m the one getting you high right now.

BRADY
I know. I’m sorry. It’s just… Ya know, I fucking hate when people try to assume everything right off the bat, even when they know you. I mean, they all just figure that I won’t mind, whatever it is, but I think if you have to think about somebody who won’t mind, usually they do mind and to a point where it really starts to hurt every time it slowly starts to sink in.

BIANCA
So what happened exactly?

BRADY
My one friend, well… Friend’s kind of a brash word at this point. He stole my girlfriend. Well, first she cheated on me, and then he stole her, so uh… Normally I wouldn’t have considered suicide over something so…

BIANCA
Normal like that?

BRADY
Yeah, exactly. It’s just… Well it’s sort of been happening since high school, and well… I guess I just wanted things to change.

BIANCA
And what would you being dead help anything?

BRADY
I don’t know. Maybe people would think more. Why don’t you eat?

BIANCA
I don’t know. Image problems, I guess, but it’s not a big deal. I mean, if anything me getting high right now is like the right kind of medication.

BRADY
Yeah, I guess so.

Both are quiet for a few seconds before they hear the back door to the lot open.

BRADY
Oh shit…

Brady quickly runs away from Bianca who continues to smoke the bowl, LOU, the janitor walking out next to her. Lou grabs the bowl and takes a hit as Brady slowly walks back over.

LOU
Who’d you get this shit off of, Carol?

BIANCA
Jared actually.

LOU
Oh, cool.

Lou hits the bowl again and hands it to Brady.

LOU
Hey, you’re the new suicide, right?

BRADY
Uh yeah…

LOU
Well um… Merry Christmas Charlie Brown.

Lou walks back off inside as Brady looks over at Bianca who just starts to laugh.

BRADY
I guess I’m not used to all of this.

BIANCA
I guess not.

“In Circles” by Sunny Day Real Estate plays into the next scene.

INT. REHAB CENTER – BRADY’S ROOM – NIGHT

Brady and Bianca lie on the bed, blankly starring up at the ceiling, listening to music from a small boom box.

BIANCA
So did you ever stop to think that maybe it was all this depressing music that made you wanna do it, rather than Zack and what’s her name?

BRADY
Candace.

BIANCA
Oh right, the girl next door who cheats on you. How could I forget?

BRADY
It’s not the music. The music is… Therapeutic.

BIANCA
Sure it is.

BRADY
You enjoy attempting to tear me down, don’t you?

BIANCA
Well yeah, I mean, it’s really easy.

BRADY
Ya know, it’s not like I decided to just up and starve myself afterwards, like that would change anything. I saw that the world was one specific way and decided to take myself out of the equation.

BIANCA
Ya know, you attempting to get to me, won’t really do much of anything? I’m past all the bullshit now.

BRADY
Well, good for you.

BIANCA
So have you ever thought about the idea that some people first off shouldn’t ever get stoned, and also others shouldn’t get stoned together?

BRADY
Yeah, sure. My neighbor from across the hall freshman year was the biggest fucking idiot on the planet. Getting stoned with him was like an excuse to quickly leave wherever we were and go be creative and alone somewhere.

BIANCA
Yeah, this girl I work with, Mindy, she doesn’t ever shut the fuck up about herself, and it’s all fucked up shit that I don’t wanna hear about, and it’s only when we’re high.

BRADY
I guess some just don’t understand the experience.

BIANCA
Exactly. They abuse the privilege.

BRADY
Yeah, so when do you get out of here?

BIANCA
Whenever. I sort of admitted myself, so I have the freedom to leave whenever I feel better.

BRADY
When’s that gonna be?

BIANCA
Most likely tomorrow. I just wanted to be in rehab for the holidays so I wouldn’t have to deal with my mother.

BRADY
Well that’s understandable.

BIANCA
Yeah, the anoxia was just sort of a plausible excuse. I needed to say it was a problem eventually.

BRADY
Well looks like you picked the right time.

BIANCA
Yeah, I know, right?

BRADY
So what’re you doing for New Year’s Bianca?

BIANCA
Haven’t decided yet? I mean, I think Steve’s sort of busy with Luna now, so whatever party we were planning on going to is out of the question.

BRADY
You developed issues over a Luna?

BIANCA
I did.

BRADY
That’s some kind of a shame Bianca.

BIANCA
Yeah, I know. Do you have plans?

BRADY
Zack and Candace are having a party, and I’m pretty sure all of my friends are going to it, so it’d be sort of weird if I didn’t.

BIANCA
Except that she used to be your girlfriend.

BRADY
Yeah, I know. That’s sort of the rub. I need a date.

BIANCA
And you’re asking me?

BRADY
(Sarcastic)
What, are you kidding? You’re a nutcase. I can’t show up with you.

BIANCA
Thanks Brady.

BRADY
No, do you wanna go?

BIANCA
It depends. What kind of explanation are you going to have for us being something so fast?

BRADY
I don’t know. Why don’t we just tell them the truth?

BIANCA
Okay, I guess that’s fine.

BRADY
Okay.

Brady and Bianca both take large breaths as “Angelsea” by Cat Stevens plays through the next few scenes.

INT. SHERYL’S CAR – AFTERNOON

Brady sits up front as Sheryl drives him home from rehab.

INT. BRADY’S HOUSE – BEDROOM – AFTERNOON

Brady walks into his bedroom and sets his small suitcase down on the floor. He walks over and falls back on his bed, surprisingly comfortable again.

INT. BRADY’S CAR – DAY

Brady drives around his suburban snow-covered neighborhood, watching everyone enjoy their surroundings.

INT. KYLE’S PARENTS’ HOUSE – LIVING ROOM – DAY

Kyle sits on the couch, smoking a joint and flipping through the channels. A few seconds pass before Brady walks in through the front door. Kyle looks somewhat surprised, but doesn’t get up. There is a very large Christmas tree, by the side of the couch.

KYLE
Oh, hey man.

BRADY
Hey.

Brady takes his jacket off and walks over and sits down on the couch.

KYLE
So did you call me?

BRADY
No, I just figured you’d be here.

KYLE
Well, have I become that predictable?

BRADY
I’d call it reliable as opposed to anything else.

KYLE
Well that’s good. Here.

Kyle hands Brady the joint.

BRADY
Thanks.

KYLE
Sure.
(Beat)
So uh… We all know, ya know?

BRADY
Yeah, I figured the information would’ve leaked.

KYLE
Yeah, well it did.

BRADY
And…?

KYLE
Well you’re okay now, right?

BRADY
Um… Yeah, I’d say I’m okay now Kyle.

KYLE
Well good, I won’t mention it again.

BRADY
Cool.
(Beat)
So the tree looks good.

KYLE
Yeah, well it was the focus of many fights this here holiday season.

BRADY
I figured.

A few seconds pass before Gracie walks back into the living room from the bathroom. She freezes when she sees Brady.

GRACIE
Brady. Hey, I didn’t know you were coming over.

BRADY
I came unannounced.

GRACIE
Well, cool.

Gracie walks over and sits down on the couch next to Brady as he passes her the joint.

GRACIE
So uh, is this like when Zack fucked Hannah Craig in your bedroom, we just don’t mention it anymore?

BRADY
It’s sort of like that.

GRACIE
Well, alright.
(Beat)
So what are we doing for New Year’s? I mean, the three of us need to come up with something since Zack’s shindig is out of the question now.

KYLE
I was thinking the exact same thing.

BRADY
I was sort of planning on going there.

KYLE
You’re not serious?

BRADY
Kind of. I mean, I have a date. She thinks we’re going there.

GRACIE
You have a date for New Year’s? Just out of the blue like that?

BRADY
Uh huh…

KYLE
That’s kind of nuts. Who is it?

BRADY
You guys don’t know her.

GRACIE
Well where’d you meet her, rehab?

Brady gives Gracie a look.

GRACIE
Oh no…

BRADY
No, it’s really okay. I mean, we’re both good now.

KYLE
That’s still kind of fucked up dude. Is she at least hot?

BRADY
Anorexic hot.

KYLE
Really? Well, I’m not asking any more questions.

GRACIE
Jesus Christ… This is a bit unsettling.

BRADY
Ya know, it’s not like it’s something you have to worry about Gracie.

GRACIE
But you know I will.

BRADY
Whatever. I’m allowed to self-destruct with another person if I feel so inclined.

KYLE
He’s got ya there.

GRACIE
I feel like I’m on repeat all the time.

BRADY
Welcome to the club.

Brady leans back as he takes a hit and passes the joint to Kyle.

INT. BRADY’S CAR – NIGHT

Brady sits parked outside of Bianca’s apartment building. A few seconds pass, before she opens the door and gets into the car.

BIANCA
Hey.

BRADY
Hey.

BIANCA
So they’re letting you drive? They didn’t think that was a bad idea?

BRADY
Uh, I don’t know. They didn’t really mention it to me. I mean, it’s not like I’m one to endanger the lives of others.

BIANCA
Just your own.

BRADY
Well that’s a free-for-all there.

BIANCA
Yeah, okay. Well let’s go get fucked up with all your remaining issues.

BRADY
Sounds great, right?

BIANCA
Yeah, something like that.

Brady pulls out onto the street as “C’Mere” by Interpol plays into the next scene.

INT. ZACK’S APARTMENT – LIVING ROOM – NIGHT

A bunch of random people stand around boozing and bullshitting on New Year’s. Included are Kyle, Gracie, Zack and CANDACE GLOSKY, Brady’s ex. Candace is 21, average height, with longer brown hair and glasses. She’s a typical neo-hipster girl, always looking for the next big trend or readily available mode of betrayal.

A few seconds pass before Brady and Bianca open the door and walk into the apartment. The majority of the people freeze, with the exception of Kyle and Gracie who walk over in front of the two.

KYLE
Hey, what’s up guys?

BRADY
Not too much. This is Bianca. Bianca, Brady and Gracie, my stoner support group.

BIANCA
Nice to meet you two.

GRACIE
You too.

KYLE
Yeah, ditto. You’re definitely hotter than I thought you’d be.

BRADY
Well what did you think I was capable of Kyle?

KYLE
I don’t know, a high six, low seven.

BIANCA
Well sorry to mess up your initial thoughts.

KYLE
It’s okay. I usually grow out of them pretty quick anyway.

BIANCA
Well, cool.

Zack walks over in front of Brady and gives him a quick awkward hug.

ZACK
Hey man, I’m glad you could make it.

BRADY
Yeah, me too. This is Bianca.

BIANCA
Hey, the dreaded Zack, right?

ZACK
I guess that’s me.

BIANCA
Well, I don’t really see the appeal.

ZACK
It’s still early.

BIANCA
Sure it is.

Bianca walks past Zack and into the living room.

BRADY
So booze in the fridge, right?

ZACK
Uh yeah, help yourself.

BRADY
Okay, do you want any cash or…?

ZACK
No dude. You drink for free.

BRADY
Cool.

Brady starts walking towards the kitchen, shooting Candace a quick look. She just looks down, avoiding any possible eye contact.

Zack looks over at Kyle and Gracie, once Brady is out of the room.

ZACK
So I thought he was gonna try and stab me or something.

KYLE
Yeah, I just said that to make you paranoid.

GRACIE
Try not to be so goddamn gullible.

Kyle and Gracie walk towards the kitchen.

INT. ZACK’S HOUSE – BEDROOM – NIGHT

Brady, Kyle, Gracie and Bianca sit in the one bedroom, all getting pretty high. “My Father’s House” by Bruce Springsteen plays lightly in the background.

After a few seconds, Brady stands up from the bed he’s sitting on.

BIANCA
Where’re you going?

BRADY
Just outside for some air. I’ll be right back.

BIANCA
Okay.

Brady walks out of the room as “My Father’s House” continues to play.

INT. ZACK’S APARTMENT – LIVING ROOM – NIGHT

Brady walks through the living room, where a bunch of random people are sitting around, looking pretty out of it. Brady opens the one window and walks out onto the fire escape, shutting it behind him.

EXT. ZACK’S APARTMENT – FIRE ESCAPE – NIGHT

Brady stands on the fire escape, looking out at the city’s fading lights. A few seconds pass before Candace opens the window and steps out next to him.

CANDACE
Hey.

BRADY
Hey.

CANDACE
So you’re not thinking about jumping, are you?

BRADY
Well now I am.

CANDACE
Real funny.

BRADY
Hey, you’re the one who instantly brought it up.

CANDACE
I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.

BRADY
No, it’s okay. I mean, I figured that’s why you came out here in the first place.

CANDACE
I came out here for air actually. You’re just a coincidence.

BRADY
Sure I am Candace.

CANDACE
Well fuck man… I just… Ya know, people have to deal with stuff like this all the time. I thought you could handle it. I mean, I never really thought you thought of me as the love of your life or something.

BRADY
I never did.

CANDACE
Well then why?

BRADY
You don’t get it, and of course you wouldn’t. I mean, you will in a few months when he breaks up with you or maybe you decide that it’s the same all the time, but in any case, right now, you don’t get it.

CANDACE
Well it’s not like you’re explaining anything or making any sense for that matter.

BRADY
I don’t think I really need to at this point. I mean, I’m pretty fucked up, but well… Let me ask you this, just ya know, for my own piece of mind. Was dating me that horrible? I mean, I suppose I’m sort of boring and repetitive in the sack, those three times we actually did it, but I just don’t see what the appeal in Zack is, I guess, other than the fact that he’s a back-stabbing asshole. I mean, if that’s what you were looking for, then by all means, go for it.

CANDACE
I’m living my life a naivete, does that help?

BRADY
Uh yeah, kind of. I mean, it makes me feel a little better.

CANDACE
As it should.
(Beat)
So are you alright? I mean, I’m not sure how to handle you being here tonight.

BRADY
You figure it would’ve been better the other way. I mean, the funeral would’ve been over and done with already, right?

CANDACE
Shut-up. It’s not like that. I just… I didn’t see you as being someone who wanted to see me again.

BRADY
I didn’t. I just wanted to get drunk on New Year’s.

CANDACE
There are millions of places to get drunk on New Year’s, Brady.

BRADY
Well okay, I guess I wanted things to go back to normal, again, or at least continue on the way they normally do.

CANDACE
Why, though? I mean, that doesn’t seem like you at all.

BRADY
I know. It’s weird. I’m really okay with everything all of a sudden again.

CANDACE
Did you have some kind of personal conversation with God?

BRADY
No. I just put myself somewhere else for a little bit.

CANDACE
We all do that.

BRADY
Yeah, but some do it better than others.

CANDACE
Okay.
(Beat)
So what’s it gonna be like once school starts up again?

BRADY
Normal.

CANDACE
Are we gonna still hang out?

BRADY
In social settings like this? Probably. In a random sex on Sunday sort of way? Probably not.

CANDACE
Well, I can live with that.

BRADY
Yeah, me too.

CANDACE
So I guess eventually everyone becomes just acquaintances, huh?

BRADY
The majority of ex-girlfriends do.

CANDACE
Well enjoy the air Brady.

BRADY
I always do.

Candace walks back through the window as Brady lets out a breath. “Up and Gone” by Cat Power plays through the next sequence.

INT. ZACK’S APARTMENT – LIVING ROOM – NIGHT

Brady and Bianca walk out of the apartment, a bunch of people passed out on the furniture and random sections of the floor.

INT. BRADY’S CAR – NIGHT

Brady drives his car, attempting to focus on the road, while Bianca sits up front.

BIANCA
I’d say you’re doing surprisingly well for how drunk you are.

BRADY
Yeah, I know. I never really have a problem driving drunk around here. I know it all too well, where the cops hide, where to speed up, slow down, it’s like church or something.

BIANCA
What do you mean, like how you have the whole thing memorized to the point where you don’t have to think about it?

BRADY
Exactly.

BIANCA
Well do you think that eventually everything in life gets that way?

BRADY
Maybe. I don’t know. I mean, if it does, there’s always adultery.

BIANCA
You love digging up those issues, don’t you?

BRADY
I’m sorry. I don’t mean to.

BIANCA
Yeah, I know. None of us ever do.

Brady keeps driving.

INT. BIANCA’S APARTMENT – LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

Brady and Bianca walk into the small apartment, stop and look at each other.

BIANCA
So I think I’m drunk enough to call sleeping with you somewhat of a mistake tomorrow morning.

BRADY
Yeah, I think I’m getting there.

BIANCA
Well cool. So you up for it?

BRADY
Yeah, sure. I mean, this whole time it’s just been a competition with Nick.

BIANCA
And surprisingly enough you won, or are about to win at least.

BRADY
I know. It never happens like this.

BIANCA
We usually go for the assholes, you think?

BRADY
Well yeah, I’d say that’s the way the trend leans most of the time.

BIANCA
Well lucky for you, I think I’m past that particular phase of my life.

BRADY
Well, cool. Rock and roll.

Brady and Bianca stand silently apart for a few seconds, before embracing and kissing into the nearby bedroom, shutting the door behind them. The music fades out.

No comments: