Friday, December 7, 2007

I'm one class away from the weekend, one week away from break, one month away from my last semester and one semester away from the rest of my life. I'm so tired of thinking about the future, the inevitable "what are you going to do with the rest of your life question?" I have no long term goals. I can accomplish the majority of bigger things in a few months. The novel, the series, the next level of understanding.
Lately I've been practicing speeches. I'm a hypothetical dialogue creator. I think about what I would say if they say something that's perfect. I've been running through lines that will lead to something, anything, more so than not the truth. No one ever truly says how they feel, and waiting for the inevitable right moment, the time when they're not surrounded by all those familar faces is probably not gonna happen.
Programmed a lot of Bruce and Paul Simon on my iPod. I'd say it's hitting the spot perfectly right now.
Another Friday night with the eccentrics. I keep telling myself that I'm going to have fun, not get so depressed by all the pieces meticuously falling together around me. I foresee another night alone, a hungover morning after, and thoughts of conversations that never happened. This is how it always is, and the sad part is, you know everything.

1 comment:

My Idea of Fun said...

"I'm a hypothetical dialogue creator. I think about what I would say if they say something that's perfect."

i do that all the time.