Thursday, March 12, 2009

There was a thunderstorm and you were keeping the windows open
in the attic.
That was once, one of the times.
There was another where you said, "no, keep it loud and low and slow"
That was two.
And there was then, when you said to leave it on the floor, and it was fine to do so.

Pop songs on the radio, with you driving during summer.
We were down with down.

Sex was almost too simple, it scared me.
We knew we were only bodies and we were just complying and the
place where the shame
usually goes was filled with something new.

You know that I don't know
how it got to be like this for me.

No, I'm not a hard worker,
wasn't a good student,
No, I was nothin at the time
but sometimes things just fall if you let 'em
like sitting under apple trees by yourself on a nice day,
not doing much of anything.

No comments: