Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Last Year of Life

Day 5. Living room. 3:17PM
Fake it through church for who? and then I make myself two eggs scrambled with Old Bay worked into the guts. Slop it all up with some toast, cut the ends off for fear of encroaching mold. Then football. Yelling at the 47 inch panel* in front of me, a man trying with all of his might to stop a man trying with all of his might to go. I think about when I was 19 and wheeled a gargantuan television set into our living room. I think about how it was for free because all the tubes were busted and everything shown in complete red tint. Soaked in it. The red allll around us.
There is me. I am in my living room.

*The Z47LC6DF is a 47" Class LCD 1080p HDTV which features a 10,000:1 contrast ratio, 178ยบ viewing angle and 3 HDMI™ V.1.3 connections and is the flagship model for 2008.

No comments: